Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Seriously...

Okay....we have had quite the interesting couple of days this week! First on Monday, October 22nd our sweet baby boy turned 11 months old! There are only four weeks until he is ONE!!!! Where does the time go? Of course, I have already started planning his party...the invites, the cake....it is so much for for my OCD personality! Then on Tuesday when Riley was picked up from daycare, he had a fever of 102.6! He was so pitiful! My wonderful sister took care of him until I got home. Matt and I immediately took him to the doctor without an appointment and luckily our doctor was able to see us! (before the Millers, who actually had an appointment BTW ;-) The Dr. told us that Riley still has an ear infection that the previous 10 days of antibiotics did not touch. ;-( He gave Riley a shot and more antibiotics! He did not like the shot at all, but we loved comforting him! He was so lethargic that he just let us cuddle and hold him! I hate to admit it, but that part was great! There is nothing cozier than a sleeping baby on your chest! I took the opportunity to sign up for the flu mist while we were there! Anyone who knows me knows how I like to multi-task so I was excited! That is until I started feeling like I had the flu! Finally Wednesday came along and as I get ready to walk out the door to go to work and I can't find my keys. Apparently in the rush of getting Riley to the doctor, I lost my keys. We have turned the house upside down and they are no where to be found. Guess where the spare key is....in my car! Luckily, my sister in law was here watching Riley and let me take her car to work. When I got home from work today, Riley was covered in a rash! Seriously??? I called the helpful advice nurse who is probably so sick of hearing from me by now and she advised us to give Riley some Benadryl to see if it is an allergic reaction and call back in the morning. All of these things added up for a new mom = heavily relying on my faith!!! ;-) I think God is trying to tell me to stay home, so I am taking the day off tomorrow to spend all day with our little man! I can't wait!

No comments: