Tuesday, September 30, 2008

MURPHY WAS HERE!

Okay so my relaxing day of staying home did not go as planned! Riley and I enjoyed our morning playing and eating breakfast and then it was time for his morning nap. I went to turn on my computer and it was completely frozen. I could not open one program and it would not even shut down. I tried to run the anti virus and it would not even think about running. As I was trying to get the computer to work, my cell phone rang and it was the school number! I thought one of my friends at work missed me and wanted to call me and check on Riley! Much to my surprise, it was my principal! She asked me what I was doing and I nonchalantly told her I was hanging out at home with Riley and working on the computer. She then proceeded to tell me that my class was waiting for me outside my classroom and they had no idea why I was not there. I was confused because being the responsible, overachieving girl I am, I had covered all my bases and e-mailed everyone who needed to know I was not going to be at work the night before. The it hit me....my computer was not working so the e-mail's must not have gotten through! I panicked and started rambling on about how Riley was sick and how I had no way to get to work because I lost my keys. Luckily, she started laughing and told me that she knew it was not like me so she just wanted to call and check! Whew...I was relieved, but for some reason I still felt guilty for inconveniencing my coworkers! I decided to stop working on the computer and look for my missing keys! I turned the house upside down, moved furniture, looked in pockets, and basically cleaned more than I have in a while. NO KEYS! I thought I would just call the Jeep Dealership and see what I would need to do to get an extra key made and I was flabbergasted! They told me I would have to get my car towed to the dealership and then pay $200.00 for a replacement key!!!! Who knew? I was not really worried because I had a locksmith coming to unlock my car because I was sure the spare was locked in there, right? Wrong! I called Matt and told him the news and luckily he put things into perspective for me! He said that in 12 years I have never lost my keys and if I did it while I was taking care of our sick son it was okay! WOW! I was so relieved! He was so right....the most important thing was taking care of Riley and enjoying our our day together. ;-) Murphy can't get us down!

No comments: