Monday, October 20, 2008

5th Annual Liz Hurley Fun Run

Let me start by saying I love this race! I love it because I love the downtown route, the weather is perfect and it is for a great cause. The Liz Hurley was the first race I ever participated in a couple of years ago and ever since then I have been hooked. I trained for the first race and invited four of my friends to run with me. They joined me and they all beat my time! Who knew it was such a competition? I missed it last year because Riley was on his way, but I was back this year and many more of my friends ran too! They pretty much all beat me again, but as you can see in the title, I like to call it a fun run...not a race! It is all about the participating, right? That is what I will keep telling myself! ;-) Matt still thinks it is a race. I was just so excited that he ran it too! He finished with a time of 28:55 and I finished with a time of 30:08! My nephew Nate participated too! I mention this because he finished in 33:something and he told me he walked in the beginning. Even he would have beat me if he ran the whole time! ;-) At the race, we found out that it is now the biggest race in not only Huntsville, but I think All of North Alabama! I am already looking forward to next year's run! We took a group picture that I will add soon!


The 2008 Racing Crew


Our Family Photo Opp


The Prize...Riley's Smile

No comments: